Questions about how to qualify to be a contractor and if you are an existing contractor
Qualify to be a contractor questions
I have questions about how to become a Suncor contractor:
- I am a contractor who is looking for opportunities to work with Suncor. What do I need to do?
- How is my company’s information evaluated?
- I know someone who works at Suncor, can I just go through this person to try and obtain a contract or work?
- I am already prequalified to work with Suncor. Do I still need to complete the "Contractor Information Profile " and contact the Contractor Engagement team?
- I want to meet with someone at Suncor to present my company’s capabilities, whom do I talk to?
- I just submitted my Contractor Information form, how long does the evaluation process take?
- Does Suncor work with Aboriginal suppliers?
Existing contractor questions
Now that I am a contractor for Suncor, I have questions:
- Who do I contact if I have questions about the current market environment and how that impacts Suncor’s contractors and suppliers?
- I have been informed that Suncor does not see a fit with my commercial offering, but I know that Suncor uses similar goods/services. Why was I told there were no opportunities for my company?
- My company already does business with Suncor, but I’d like to seek out more opportunities. How do I do that?
Qualify to be a contractor answers
- Every potential contractor must download the Contractor Information Profile form (PDF, 3 pp., 212 KB).
- Complete the form and email it to email@example.com
- Please write: “New Contractor Form – Your Company Name” in the email subject line.
- Once we receive the form, we will evaluate your information and look for possible opportunities.
All of our contract areas are categorized (e.g., mining, business services, etc.,) and your information will be shared with the appropriate category team. Each category team looks at the requirements across Suncor and works closely with our business units to identify opportunities where additional contractors may be needed.
Based on our evaluation:
- if we see a potential fit, we will ask you to proceed to pre-qualification where we may ask:
- for additional information
- a meeting in our offices
- a site visit to your facilities
Due to the high volume of emails received, only contractors of interest will be contracted. However, the information you provide is retained for a minimum of 12 months in the event of future interest.
No. Working with the Supplier Engagement team gives you the opportunity to present your company’s capability to the widest audience within Suncor. In the above scenario, you might spend significant time and effort contacting multiple individuals within Suncor to identify business opportunities. In many circumstances, those individuals would not have the visibility or the authority to award work. As the Supply Chain teams have enterprise wide visibility to business requirements and engagement with key business unit stakeholders, this process greatly improves the ability to match opportunities with new contractors.
Yes, if you are prequalifed but have not completed work for Suncor before, you will need to complete a new Contractor Information Profile and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are not prequalified and you have never completed work for Suncor, please review how to qualify to be a contractor and complete the Contractor Information Profile form.
- If you have previously worked with us, you should complete a new Contractor Information Profile to ensure that we have the most up-to-date information about your organization.
The Supplier Engagement team manages all our initial interaction with contractors through the initial email (email@example.com) and new contractor information form. Once we receive your organizations information, we will determine if there is a fit with our current business requirements. Due to the high volume of emails received you will only be contacted if a potential fit is identified.
Due to the high volume of emails received, only suppliers of interest will be contacted. However, the information you provide is retained for a minimum of 12 months in the event of future interest.
Yes. We recognize that our operations are located in the traditional territory of many Aboriginal communities. We want Aboriginal communities to be able to share in our successes and benefit from economic opportunities associated with energy development. We are committed to supporting business, employment and economic opportunities for Aboriginal Peoples. On the new contractor information form, there is a section in which you can provide your Aboriginal status information. Visit Aboriginal Relations for more information.
Existing contractor answers
Contact your designated Suncor Supply Chain Management contact or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
There could be several reasons for this ranging from an abundance of contractors already working with us who offer similar services, to we may simply not need the services you are providing. Your information will be retained in our systems for a minimum of one year. If we identify an opportunity to work together in the future, we will contact you. We ask that you maintain an updated profile with us, and if your service offering or capabilities change, please resubmit a new contractor information form.
While you may be performing work in a specific area of Suncor, it is possible that other areas within Suncor are not aware of your services. The Supplier Engagement process gives you the opportunity to present your company’s capability to the widest audience within Suncor. Please complete the contractor information Contractor Information Profile form (PDF, 3 pp., 212 KB) and send it to email@example.com.
Ensuring that the contractor information form contains a full description of all of your capabilities and commercial offering increases the possibility that we will connect your capability with our needs. You can submit updated information at any time. Be sure to clarify that the information is updated from an earlier version in your submission email.