- What opportunities does Suncor have for new graduates, co-op students and interns?
- Does Suncor provide on-the-job training?
What is the difference between Suncor’s Community Careers Co-operative apprenticeship program, and its recruitment efforts for trades and
- What type of experience do I need to work for Suncor?
- How do I learn what the pay for a job is before I apply?
- Does Suncor have any career opportunities that do not require a college education?
- Do you have opportunities in locations other than Calgary?
- Does Suncor assist with relocation costs?
- 1. What opportunities does Suncor have for new graduates, co-op students and interns?
Suncor regularly creates opportunities for new graduates, internships and co-op placements. Students and new grad positions are posted in:
- January for a May start date
- May for a September start date
- September for a January start date
We post our open positions with campus career centres and on this website.
- 2. Does Suncor provide on-the-job training?
Suncor is committed to ensuring employees can safely perform their jobs and are prepared for new assignments and opportunities as they arise. Employees are encouraged to take advantage of the many training opportunities at Suncor—from traditional courses and seminars to more non-traditional methods such as coaching and working on cross-functional teams and special projects.
- 3. What is the difference between Suncor’s Community Careers Co-operative apprenticeship program, and its recruitment efforts for trades and technology students?
The Community Careers Co-operative apprenticeship program is a collaboration between oil and gas companies, to ensure apprentices gain varied experience, job training across different companies and obtain their tickets. The program allows apprentices to rotate through different companies.
Recruitment that targets trades and technology students is focused on roles such as power engineers, chemical technologists and petroleum engineering technologists, rather than trades apprentices.
- 4. What type of experience do I need to work for Suncor?
Suncor is committed to hiring the right people - those who fit with our culture and reflect our values. Because requirements in the industry are constantly changing, essential training, education, work experience and skill requirements are evaluated on an ongoing basis. All of our job opportunities are posted on our website along with a job description, qualifications and the experience required.
- 5. How do I learn what the pay for the job is before I apply?
Our compensation package is designed to "pay for performance," which means that Suncor provides a competitive base pay with the ability to earn significant rewards through programs such as annual and long-term incentives, performance bonuses and stock options. Employees who excel in their roles and demonstrate high potential are recognized as key contributors and have the opportunity for additional rewards.
Suncor ensures compensation for all positions is in line with that provided by other energy companies. There is a salary range associated with each position, and new employees are paid within that range based on their skills and experience. Salary details are further discussed with you at the interview stage. Employees who work for Suncor, but under the terms of a union agreement, would be paid in accordance with the terms of the bargaining unit.
- 6. Does Suncor have any job opportunities that do not require a college education?
Suncor offers some employment opportunities that do not require college or university diplomas and degrees. Educational and technical requirements are described in each job posting.
- 7. Do you have opportunities in locations other than Calgary?
Suncor operates with both a national and global portfolio including a number of large, long-term investment projects that support our commitment to leadership within the industry. We have opportunities in our corporate offices based in Alberta and Ontario.
To find jobs based on location visit Current Suncor Jobs and select “Country”, “Province” and then “City” to choose your location search criteria.
- 8. Does Suncor assist with relocation costs?
Base pay for employees working remote locations is adjusted to reflect local market conditions. In addition, people relocating to join our operations may be offered temporary housing and mortgage assistance.