Trust and confidence are built over the long term. At Suncor, we know stakeholders look beyond immediate results for assurance that our economic, environmental and social performance will endure over time.
Suncor's senior management team is charged with delivering significant growth while maintaining operational excellence. Suncor's management has delivered on its promise to generate sustainable shareholder value with an annual shareholder return of more than 30% since the company became publicly traded in 1992.
- Steve Reynish, interim chief financial officer, directs financial operations and plays a key role in ensuring Suncor has the financial strength necessary to support the company's strategic plans. As executive vice president, Oil Sands Ventures, he ensures the successful approval, development, commissioning and start up of oil sands growth projects. He also represents Suncor’s interests in non-operated oil sands assets.
- Eric Axford, executive vice president, Business Services, is responsible for ensuring safe, reliable and environmentally responsible operations across Suncor’s integrated businesses. His portfolio also includes accountability for sustainability and communications, government relations, supply chain management, field logistics and business transformation.
- Paul Gardner, senior vice president, Human Resources, is responsible for ensuring proper human resources strategies and programs are in place to support Suncor’s base business, long-term growth strategies and company-wide initiatives.
- Kris Smith, executive vice president, Refining and Marketing, has overall responsibility for operations at four refineries, as well as industrial and retail marketing of refined products and lubricants under the Petro-Canada brand. He is also lead executive of the company’s renewable energy strategies and development.
- François Langlois, senior vice president, Exploration and Production, leads Suncor’s onshore and offshore conventional oil and gas business, globally.
- Mark Little, executive vice president, Oil Sands and In Situ, leads improvements in safety, sustainability and competitiveness at the company’s Oil Sands and In Situ operations in Northern Alberta.
- Mike MacSween, executive vice president, Major Projects, leads major project engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) at Suncor. In this position, he is responsible for leading EPC for growth projects across the corporation in the upstream, downstream and renewable energy portfolios.
- Janice Odegaard, general counsel and senior vice president, Legal, is responsible for all legal matters across the corporation.
- Supply, Trading and Corporate Development is being led on interim basis by Mark Townley, vice president, Supply & Trading. This role includes responsibility for marketing, logistics and energy trading as well as corporate strategic planning and development.