Trust and confidence are built over the long term. At Suncor, we know stakeholders look beyond immediate results for assurance that our economic, environmental and social performance will endure over time.
Suncor's senior management team is charged with delivering significant growth while maintaining operational excellence. Suncor's management has delivered on its promise to generate sustainable shareholder value with an annual shareholder return of more than 30% since the company became publicly traded in 1992.
- Eric Axford, executive vice president, Business Services, is responsible for ensuring safe, reliable and environmentally responsible operations across Suncor’s integrated businesses. His portfolio also includes accountability for sustainability and communications, government relations, information and process management and operational excellence and technical services.
- Alister Cowan, executive vice president and chief financial officer, directs Suncor’s financial operations, ensuring Suncor has the financial strength necessary to support the company’s strategic plans.
- Paul Gardner, senior vice president, Human Resources, is responsible for ensuring proper human resources strategies and programs are in place to support Suncor’s base business, long-term growth strategies.
- Mark Little, executive vice president, Upstream, leads Suncor’s upstream organization including all operated and non-operated oil sands, in situ and exploration and production worldwide.
- Mike MacSween, executive vice president, Major Projects, leads major project engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) at Suncor. In this position, he is responsible for leading EPC for growth projects across the corporation.
- Janice Odegaard, general counsel and senior vice president, Legal, is responsible for all legal matters across the corporation.
- Steve Reynish, executive vice president, Strategy and Corporate Development, leads the company’s strategy and corporate development, joint venture governance and technology development.
- Kris Smith, executive vice president, Refining and Marketing, has overall responsibility for operations at four refineries, as well as industrial and retail marketing of refined products and lubricants under the Petro-Canada™ brand. He also leads the company’s renewable energy portfolio and oversees supply and trading activities.