Suncor is committed to increasing renewable energy generation in Canada and building best-in-class wind energy projects.
The proposed Suncor Energy Adelaide wind power project is a 40 megawatt (MW) project located north of Strathroy, Ontario. Suncor has been developing this project since signing the first agreement with a local landowner in 2008.
Suncor is seeking a Renewable Energy Approval (REA) under the Ontario Green Energy Act from the Ministry of the Environment (MOE). Documents, reports and other regulatory information will be posted to this site as they become available.
Feed in Tariff (FIT) Program
In July 2011, the Project was awarded a 40 MW, 20-year term Feed in Tariff (FIT) power purchase contract by the Ontario Power Authority.
The Project will consist of up to 18 wind turbines. In addition to the wind turbines, the Project will also include meteorological towers, an electrical collection system, a substation, turbine access roads, and temporary construction facilities.
The figure below identifies the location of the Project and the area that will be studied. Click map to view larger in PDF format.
Although 22 wind turbines are shown on the above map, 18 of these turbine locations will be selected for construction. Please see the Project Description Report for further details.
REA Application Documents
Posted April 2013
Copies of the following Final REA Reports are also available at the Adelaide Metcalfe Township Office (2340 Egremont Drive, Strathroy) after April 25, 2013.
- Project Description Report (PDF, 51 pp., 4,194 KB)
- Construction Plan Report (PDF, 34 pp., 4,127 KB)
- Design and Operations Report
- Main Report (PDF, 28 pp., 796 KB)
- Appendix A (PDF, 8 pp., 3,309 KB)
- Appendix B (PDF, 111 pp., 9,398 KB)
- Appendix C (PDF, 33 pp., 776 KB)
- Appendix D (PDF, 18 pp., 4,074 KB)
- Appendix E (PDF, 2 pp., 94 KB)
- Decommissioning Plan Report (PDF, 14 pp., 561 KB)
- Wind Turbine Specifications Report (PDF, 15 pp., 630 KB)
- Water Body and Water Assessment Report
- Main Report (PDF, 40 pp., 371 KB)
- Appendix A (PDF, 28 pp., 7,083 KB)
- Appendix B (PDF, 22 pp., ,18,693 KB)
- Appendix C (PDF, 19 pp., 3,424 KB)
- Appendix D (PDF, 31 pp., 4,540 KB)
- Appendix E (PDF, 16 pp., 285 KB)
- Appendix F (PDF, 12 pp., 166 KB)
- Natural Heritage Assessment and Environmental Impact Study:
- Main Report (PDF, 138 pp., 2,470 KB)
- Appendix A - Figures (PDF, 38 pp., 19,266 KB)
- Appendix B - Tables (PDF, 51 pp., 1,266 KB)
- Appendix C - Plant List (PDF, 19 pp., 314 KB)
- Appendix D - Wildlife List (PDF, 12 pp., 84 KB)
- Appendix E - Field Notes (PDF, 164 pp., 24,863 KB)
- Appendix F - Field Notes (Golder Associates) (PDF, 44 pp., 2,867 KB)
- Appendix G - Curriculum Vitae (PDF, 16 pp., 540 KB)
- Appendix H - Confirmation Letter and addendum (PDF, 12 pp., 1,354 KB)
- Archaeological and Heritage Assessments
- Heritage Assessment Report (PDF, 83 pp., 8,172 KB)
- Stage 1 Archaeological Assessment (PDF, 57 pp., 6,597 KB)
- Stage 2 Archaeological Assessment (PDF, 185 pp., 18,136 KB)
- Stage 2 Archaeological Addendum (PDF, 38 pp., 7,078 KB)
- Consultation Report (PDF, 253 pp., 9,468 KB)
- Detailed Sound Contour Map - Final (PDF, 1 pp., 5,444 KB)
Posted July 2012
On July 26, 2012 the below revised draft site plan was posted to the website. This information is considered draft. For the most up to date information please refer to the Appendix B of the Design and Operations Report.
- Draft Site Plan Report (PDF, 36 pp., 4,49 KB)
Should you have further questions regarding the project, please contact:
P.O. Box 2844, 150 6th Ave SW
Canada, T2P 3E3