Notice of Contribution of Assets to Suncor Energy Resources Partnership
May 1, 2012
Re: Suncor Energy Oil and Gas Partnership
Please take notice that:
- effective May 1, 2012 (the "Effective Date"), Suncor Energy Oil and Gas Partnership transferred and assigned to Suncor Energy Resources Partnership all of its right, title and interest in and to all of its assets. These assets include without limitation, the Canadian onshore upstream assets involved in the exploration and production of mines and minerals, including were applicable, coal, potash, and petroleum substances together with all of its interests in all of the facilities and other tangible depreciable property used for processing, gathering, transporting, treating, measuring, storing, selling, disposing, or making marketable such production. Petroleum substances include without limitation, petroleum, natural gas, natural gas liquids, all related hydrocarbons and other substances produced with any of them;
- Suncor Energy Resources Partnership has also all of the rights, duties, liabilities and obligations of Suncor Energy Oil and Gas Partnership pertaining to all lands, assets, contracts, agreements or any other interests whatsoever relating to the assets transferred to Suncor Energy Resources Partnership as of the Effective Date;
- Suncor Energy Resources Partnership is a general partnership whose partners are Suncor Energy Oil and Gas Partnership and 7037538 Canada Inc., ("7037538"). Suncor Energy Oil and Gas Partnership is the managing partner of Suncor Energy Resources Partnership;
- Suncor Energy Oil and Gas Partnership is a general partnership whose partners are Suncor Energy Inc., and 7037538, a wholly owned subsidiary of Suncor Energy Inc. Suncor Energy Inc. is the managing partner of Suncor Energy Oil and Gas Partnership;
- as the affiliated partners of Suncor Energy Oil and Gas Partnership, the conveying party, are either a partner of Suncor Energy Resouces Partnership or a partner of Suncor Energy Oil and Gas Partnership, which itself is a partner of Suncor Energy Resources Partnership, no right of first refusal notices will be issued;
- to the extent any of the assets, at law, cannot be registered in the name of Suncor Energy Resources Partnership, those assets will be held in trust by Suncor Energy Inc., for and on behalf of Suncor Energy Resources Partnership;
- Suncor Energy Marketing Inc., as agent, will either transport or arrange for the transportation of the petroleum substances produced by Suncor Energy Resources Partnership;
- any documentation that is required to effect the conveyance ofthese assets, including without limitation, assignment agreements, assignment and novation agreements and notices of assignment are under preparation and will be provided in due course, where applicable. Unless the governing documents otherwise require a specific conveyance, please amend your records once you are in receipt of this notice. Download entire notice (PDF 2 pp., 474 KB).
- all future notices, correspondence, payments and invoices previously addressed to Suncor Energy Oil and Gas Parnership should now be addressed and sent to Suncor Energy Resources Partnership, at the same address in effect immediately prior to the Effective Date, namely:
Suncor Energy Centre
P.O. Box 2844
150-6th Avenue SW
In circumstances, where agreements specify notices are to be addressed to the attention of certain departments, positions, individuals or fax numbers, such specific identifications should continue to be used.
Thank you for your cooperation in handling this matter. If you have any questions or require additional information, please submit your inquiry by email to SERPGeneralinquiries@suncor.com.
Download entire notice (PDF 2 pp., 474 KB)