- How do I view jobs?
- What if I don’t see a job opportunity that I’m interested in and qualified for?
- How do I create an online profile?
- How do I edit my profile?
- How do I apply to jobs online?
- How do I know if I’ve successfully applied for a job?
- I’ve applied for a job at Suncor. When will I receive a response?
- How can I get an update on the status of my application?
- Can I apply to more than one job at Suncor?
- What do I do if I can’t remember my password?
- I am in the recruitment process and received an email from a third party vendor. How do I know it is legitimate?
- Someone sent me a job offer. How do I know it is legitimate?
- Where can I find out about Suncor recruitment events?
- Does Suncor hire internationally for jobs in Canada?
- I am currently living in Canada, am I eligible to work at Suncor?
1. How do I view jobs?
Visit suncor.com/careers and select "Search Suncor jobs."
2. What if I don’t see a job opportunity that I’m interested in and qualified for?
If you don’t see any jobs that interest you, please join our Talent Community
to stay connected to Suncor. You can create and edit job alerts for your preferred job category, preferred location and how often you receive alerts.
3. How do I create an online profile?
- From the job postings page, select "Join our community"
- You will be asked for your:
- First name
- Last name
- Job category
- Interest level
- Confirm password
- This is also where you can sign up for job alerts
4. How do I edit my profile?
- On the job postings page, select the "Sign in" button
- Enter your email and password and select "Sign in."
- Select "Edit," make changes and then select "Save."
5. How do I apply to jobs online?
- When you find a job posting that you’re interested in and qualified for, select "Apply now."
- If you are not currently signed in, you will be prompted to either create a new profile or sign in to your profile.
- If you already have a profile you will be prompted to accept the terms of the Suncor Data Privacy Statement.
- Once inside your profile you can upload your resume and add previous work experience, education, language skills, and certificates or licenses.
- Select "Next."
- Confirm your application information and select "Apply."
- If you have not already created a profile please see question 3.
6. How do I know if I’ve successfully applied for a job?
Once you’ve selected "Apply," you see a confirmation message that you have successfully applied. You will also receive a confirmation to your email account on file.
7. I’ve applied for a job at Suncor. When will I receive a response?
After a job posting has closed, our recruiting team will review all candidates. Those selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you were not contacted by a recruiter, you will receive an email notification from Suncor when the position has been filled (timing varies).
8. How can I get an update on the status of my application?
Sign in to your profile. Select "View your active applications." You will see all recent jobs you have applied to. Refer to the “Status” column for an update on where your application is in the recruitment process.
9. Can I apply to more than one job at Suncor?
Yes, as long as your qualifications match the criteria for the job.
10. What do I do if I can’t remember my password?
From the sign in page, please enter your email address and select "Forgot password." A message will be sent to the email account we have on file with instructions to reset your password.
11. I am in the recruitment process and received an email from a third party vendor. How do I know it is legitimate?
Suncor has partnered with several third party vendors to assist in the recruitment process. You will receive email notifications directly from these vendors, asking you to complete requests related to your application, including a video interview, assessment testing, and a background check.
If you’re concerned you’ve been contacted by an individual or organization that is not legitimate, please email us at email@example.com.
12. Someone sent me a job offer. How do I know it is legitimate?
Suncor is aware that some job seekers have received false employment offers from an individual or organization posing as Suncor. Individuals or organizations sending these false employment offers may request personal information or funds to further the recruitment process.
Suncor will never request money from job seekers, nor request personal information beyond what is required for a resumé. All individuals who are successful in gaining an offer of employment from Suncor, whether directly or indirectly, are always required to go through a formal recruitment process including an interview with a member of the Suncor Recruitment Team.
If you’re concerned you’ve been contacted by an individual or organization posing as Suncor, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
13. Where can I find out about Suncor recruitment events?
See all of our upcoming recruitment events at Suncor.com/careers or facebook.com/SuncorCareers.
14. Does Suncor hire internationally for jobs in Canada?
Suncor is a Canadian company operating in Canada and abroad. For Suncor jobs based in Canada we have a responsibility and a legal obligation to hire Canadians first. Suncor only hires candidates from outside of Canada when there is a shortage of that specific skill in the Canadian labour market and we can demonstrate to the Government of Canada that we are unable to fill our position(s) with a Canadian. You can learn more about immigrating to Canada for work on the Government of Canada website.
15. I am currently living in Canada, am I eligible to work at Suncor?
To be considered for a job at Suncor you must be eligible to work in Canada. Visit the Government of Canada website for more information.