- How do I view jobs?
- What if I don’t see a job opportunity that I’m interested in and qualified for?
- How do I create an online profile?
- How do I edit my profile?
- How do I apply to jobs online?
- How do I know if I’ve successfully applied for a job?
- I’ve applied for a job at Suncor. When will I receive a response?
- How can I get an update on the status of my application?
- Can I apply to more than one job at Suncor?
- What do I do if I can’t remember my password?
- What if I can’t remember the answers to my security questions to reset my password?
- Someone sent me a job offer. How do I know it is legitimate?
- Where can I find out about Suncor recruitment events?
- Does Suncor hire internationally for jobs in Canada?
- I am currently living in Canada, am I eligible to work at Suncor?
1. How do I view jobs?
All of our current job opportunities are posted on our careers webite.
2. What if I don’t see a job opportunity that I’m interested in and qualified for?
If you don’t see anything currently posted that you’re interested in and qualified for please check our website regularly and apply to positions as they are being recruited for. You can also create an online profile where you can upload your current resume and information so it is in our system to make it easier to apply later (see question 3).
3. How do I create an online profile?
- From our careers website, click the “Login” button
- If you are a new user, enter your email, create and confirm your password in the “Create a New User Account” box, and click “Submit.” If you are registered user, enter your email and password in the “Registered User Account” box and click “Submit.”
- Click “My Profile.”
- Follow the instructions to import and attach your resumé, complete the profile and click "Confirm" to save your profile information.
4. How do I edit my profile?
- From our careers website, click the “Login” button
- Enter your email and password in the “Registered User” box, and click “Submit.”
- Click “My Profile,” make your changes and then click “Confirm” to save the changes.
5. How do I apply to jobs online?
- When you find a job posting that you’re interested in and qualified for on our careers website, click the “Apply” button on the top right corner of the page.
- You will be prompted to either create a new account or login to your account
- If you already have a profile/account login your most recent profile will be submitted
- If you have not already created a profile/account please see question 3
6. How do I know if I’ve successfully applied for a job?
Once you’ve applied online you will be sent a confirmation email (please remember to check your junk inbox).
7. I’ve applied for a job at Suncor. When will I receive a response?
After a job posting has closed, the recruiter will review all candidates. Those selected for interview will be contacted by the recruiter.
If you were not contacted by a recruiter, you will receive an email notification from Suncor when the position has been filled (timing varies).
8. How can I get an update on the status of my application?
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of resumes we receive we are not able to contact all candidates or provide updates on individual applications.
9. Can I apply to more than one job at Suncor?
Yes, as long as you match the required qualification you may continue to apply for jobs at Suncor.
10. What do I do if I can’t remember my password?
On the login page, click “Reset Password” in the “Registered Users” log in box. Enter the answers to your security questions to reset your password.
11. What if I can’t remember the answers to my security questions to reset my password?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for technical support (please note a response may take up to 24 hours).
12. Someone sent me a job offer. How do I know it is legitimate?
Suncor is aware that some job seekers have received false employment offers from an individual or organization posing as Suncor. Individuals or organizations sending these false employment offers may request personal information or funds to further the recruitment process.
Suncor will never request money from job seekers, nor request personal information beyond what is required for a resumé. All individuals who are successful in gaining an offer of employment from Suncor, whether directly or indirectly are always required to go through a formal recruitment process including an interview with a member of the Suncor Recruitment Team.
If you’re concerned you’ve been contacted by an individual or organization posing as Suncor, please email us at email@example.com.
13. Where can I find out about Suncor recruitment events?
You can see all of our upcoming recruitment events on our Facebook page.
14. Does Suncor hire internationally for jobs in Canada?
Suncor is a Canadian company operating in Canada and abroad. For Suncor jobs based in Canada we have a responsibility and a legal obligation to hire Canadians first. Suncor only hires candidates from outside of Canada when there is a shortage of that specific skill in the Canadian labour market and we can demonstrate to the Government of Canada that we are unable to fill our position(s) with a Canadian. You can learn more about immigrating to Canada for work on the Government of Canada website.
15. I am currently living in Canada, am I eligible to work at Suncor?
To be considered for a job at Suncor you must be eligible to work in Canada. Visit the Government of Canada website for more information.