The HR Advisor is a key member of Suncor's HR Business Partner Team. As a valued strategic business partner, you will work closely with a specific functional or business unit to provide HR support that enables business unit objectives. You will provide expert advice to the organization in the areas of employee relations, labour relations, workforce planning, and employee development.
- Provide advice and counsel to leaders, supervisors and employees on key human resource matters, issues and opportunities
- Support leaders in the execution of organization improvement initiatives
Assisting business partners with the implementation of recruitment and retention strategies and tactics
- Provide the leadership team with performance management support and capability development activities/procedures
- Assist leadership teams in the effective application of compensation programs
Facilitate annual employee survey process and creation of gap closure plans
Facilitate succession and workforce planning initiatives with business areas
- Identify and problem-solving on work environment improvement initiatives
- Interpret Suncor's values and culture to determine the best outcome for the client's needs while balancing our focus upon operational excellence
- Maintain a current knowledge of HR practices, policies and procedures
Suncor is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals
Education and Experience:
- A minimum of five years of demonstrated HR generalist experience, experience in oil and gas would be considered an asset
- Labour Relations experience is required (exposure to a unionized workforce)
- Undergraduate degree in business or related discipline is required, and anadvanced degree in labour relations or a related HR field would be an asset
- CHRP designation would be preferable
Skills and Knowledge:
- Knowledge of key people processes to leverage and add value to the business' goals
- Demonstrated working experience and skill in performance management
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with all Microsoft applications, working knowledge of SAP would be considered an asset
- Ability to interact with employees at all levels of the organization
- Strong verbal and written communication skills matched with the ability to negotiate and build relationships with key stakeholders
- A focus on continuous improvement and being committed to learning new HR practices
- Excellent customer service focus, including the ability to handle and manage competing priorities
- Ability to quickly build strong working relationships with business partners and colleagues
Go ahead. Expect growth. We want you to have a job you're genuinely excited about - as well as opportunities to learn and challenge yourself or mentor others. Plus, Suncor Energy offers a flexible employee package that can be adjusted to suit the changing needs of your life, including:
- competitive base salary and compensation programs
- attractive annual incentive program
- flexible benefits package
- rewarding pension and savings plans
Wondering if you and Suncor are the right fit? Hear what people at Suncor have to say about working here. Go ahead. Find out why your peers chose Suncor »
ABOUT FORT MCMURRAY
Fort McMurray is a northern Canadian city rich in resources and cultural diversity nestled in the Boreal Forest in Wood Buffalo. Explore what Fort McMurray has to offer - from its stunning natural environment and multicultural community, to its quiet neighbourhoods.
Find out more about living and working in Fort McMurray at goaheadfortmac.com »
Suncor Energy is a sustainably operated Canadian integrated energy company. Our company combines a leading position in oil sands with complementary operations in refining and marketing, North American natural gas production and conventional oil production internationally and offshore East Coast Canada.
At Suncor, we operate our businesses reliably and efficiently with an emphasis on employee safety and a number of initiatives aimed at ensuring a safe and healthy environment. Suncor is also committed to contributing to the well-being of the communities where we operate - including yours.
Our use of innovative technology has made us an industry leader in the energy business - and with a strong strategy for growth, Suncor offers a solid foundation for you to continue building your career.As an employer, Suncor is one of the best companies in Canada, providing tremendous future potential where talented people thrive. As our business evolves, so do our employment opportunities. Our work culture includes a dynamic mix of newcomers and experienced professionals, with a diversity of skills and expertise from all parts of Canada.
Learn more about why our employees choose Suncor »
Not sure if this particular listing is the right opportunity? Follow Suncor on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job listings and employment news.