The Maintenance Planner is accountable for detailed maintenance planning, scheduling, cost estimating and control functions to maximize mechanical availability, while achieving budgeted targets, in a safe, cost effective and timely manner. They must also supply planning support for projects and major maintenance events in the respective area.
- Maximize resource productivity by identifying parts, materials, special tools, external services, rentals and documentation
- Preparation of job plans ready for scheduling detailing parts, materials, special tools, external services and documentation with planned costs
- Identification of safety, Environmental Health & Safety, permit and communication requirements.
- Preparation of job plans to include the sequencing of associated tasks, taking into account multi-craft alignment
- Maintain and continuously improve job plans
- Maintain bills of materials (BOM)
- Maintain work centre capacities
Suncor is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of a Journeyperson Trade Certification
- Must have Grade 12 or GED
- Dynamic individual with 5 years or more maintenance planning experience in the petrochemical (or relatable) industry
Skills & Knowledge:
- A working knowledge of computerized maintenance management systems (preferably Maximo or SAP) and material management systems
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products such as Word & Excel
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, organizational and communication skills. Administrative and leadership skills are also required
- The successful candidates will have a detailed and thorough knowledge of production equipment and control systems in the petrochemical industry
- An effective communicator with the ability to develop positive working relations across a multitude of business units is an asset
- Motivated, self starter who can work well independently or within a team environment
- Knowledge of maintenance practices, performances measures, scheduling tools and techniques
- A structured, logical way of approaching things and able to work with complexity
- Located in Fort McMurray, relocation is required
- 40 hour work week, Monday to Friday
Go ahead. Expect growth. We want you to have a job you're genuinely excited about - as well as opportunities to learn and challenge yourself or mentor others. Plus, Suncor Energy offers a flexible employee package that can be adjusted to suit the changing needs of your life, including:
- competitive base salary and compensation programs
- attractive annual incentive program
- flexible benefits package
- rewarding pension and savings plans
Wondering if you and Suncor are the right fit? Hear what people at Suncor have to say about working here. Go ahead. Find out why your peers chose Suncor »
ABOUT FORT MCMURRAY
Fort McMurray is a northern Canadian city rich in resources and cultural diversity nestled in the Boreal Forest in Wood Buffalo. Explore what Fort McMurray has to offer - from its stunning natural environment and multicultural community, to its quiet neighbourhoods.
Find out more about living and working in Fort McMurray at goaheadfortmac.com »
Suncor Energy is a sustainably operated Canadian integrated energy company. Our company combines a leading position in oil sands with complementary operations in refining and marketing, North American natural gas production and conventional oil production internationally and offshore East Coast Canada.
At Suncor, we operate our businesses reliably and efficiently with an emphasis on employee safety and a number of initiatives aimed at ensuring a safe and healthy environment. Suncor is also committed to contributing to the well-being of the communities where we operate - including yours.
Our use of innovative technology has made us an industry leader in the energy business - and with a strong strategy for growth, Suncor offers a solid foundation for you to continue building your career.As an employer, Suncor is one of the best companies in Canada, providing tremendous future potential where talented people thrive. As our business evolves, so do our employment opportunities. Our work culture includes a dynamic mix of newcomers and experienced professionals, with a diversity of skills and expertise from all parts of Canada.
Learn more about why our employees choose Suncor »
Not sure if this particular listing is the right opportunity? Follow Suncor on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job listings and employment news.