Suncor is currently looking for a B-Pressure Welder in Extraction's Plant Industrial Maintenance Department. Reporting to the Shift Supervisor, the B-Pressure Welder is responsible for providing active leadership with respect to Suncor's Journey to Zero safety standard
- Provide preventative maintenance support
- Assist with essential rigging in the field
- Examine welds and ensure that they meet standards and/or specifications
- Evaluate and interpret welding blueprints, drawings specifications, manuals and processes
Suncor is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals.
Education and Experience:
- Valid Interprovincial(Red Seal) Journeyman certificate and/or Alberta Journeyman Welder certificate
- ABSA certified B-Pressure Welding ticket
- High school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma(GED) is preferred
- Must possess a valid driver's license
Skills and Knowledge:
- Experience with large bore piping, producing fitting, rigging are all assets
- Proven ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Demonstrated problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Previous experience in SMAW, OAC, MIG, FCAW and PAC
- You will be required to perform some heavy lifting, use of ladders and working on elevated work sites such as scaffolds and towers
- Able to perform work in a variety of different environments both indoor and outdoor as well as within confined spaces
- Position is located in Fort McMurray
- Relocation is required. This is not a camp position
- Shifts Schedule varies depending on the position
Go ahead. Expect big. At Suncor, you will work with some of the biggest equipment on the planet, or with some of the top technology around. We'll provide great salary and benefits and offer training to develop your skills.
At the end of the day, you'll take pride in seeing what you and your team have accomplished. But don't just take our word for it. Go ahead. Find out why your peers chose Suncor »
ABOUT FORT MCMURRAY
Fort McMurray is a northern Canadian city rich in resources and cultural diversity nestled in the Boreal Forest in Wood Buffalo. Explore what Fort McMurray has to offer - from its stunning natural environment and multicultural community, to its quiet neighbourhoods.
Find out more about living and working in Fort McMurray at goaheadfortmac.com »
Suncor Energy combines a leading position in oil sands with complementary operations in refining and marketing, North American natural gas production and conventional oil production internationally and offshore East Coast Canada.
Our use of innovative technology has made us an industry leader in the energy business - and with a strong strategy for growth, Suncor offers a solid foundation for you to apply and build on your skills. We're also committed to contributing to the well-being of the communities where we operate - including yours.
As an employer, Suncor is one of the best companies in Canada, providing tremendous future potential where talented people are rewarded for their work. As our business evolves, so do our employment opportunities. Our work culture includes a dynamic mix of newcomers and experienced professionals, with a diversity of skills and expertise from all parts of Canada.
Learn more about why our employees choose Suncor »
Not sure if this particular listing is the right opportunity? Follow Suncor on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job listings and employment news.