The Mobile Equipment Maintenance (MEM) Electrical supervisor will ensure safe, reliable and effective supervision of the MEM shovels electrical team performing break-in and planned maintenance of mining cable shovels and support equipment.
- Supervision of an electrical team of electricians to provide quality maintenance of electric and hydraulic mining shovels in a safe and timely manner
- Supporting the shovel maintenance department to meet daily plans as outlined in the preventative maintenance (PM) schedule and break-in work
- Supervise vendors and work with internal support teams to provide quality maintenance.
- Support and sustain continuous improvement initiatives
Suncor is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of grade 12 education
- Journeyman Electrician status with a minimum of 5 year's experience.
- Business Degree or related experience
- Mining equipment technical experience is an asset
- Oil Sands experience is an asset
Skills and Knowledge:
- SAP and MS Office knowledge required
- This position is a 7 on, 7 off schedule (12 hour shifts)
- Location is at Base Plant - Steepbank Mine Complex
- Busing to and from site is provided
Go ahead. Expect growth. We want you to have a job you're genuinely excited about - as well as opportunities to learn and challenge yourself or mentor others. Plus, Suncor Energy offers a flexible employee package that can be adjusted to suit the changing needs of your life, including:
- competitive base salary and compensation programs
- attractive annual incentive program
- flexible benefits package
- rewarding pension and savings plans
Wondering if you and Suncor are the right fit? Hear what people at Suncor have to say about working here. Go ahead. Find out why your peers chose Suncor »
ABOUT FORT MCMURRAY
Fort McMurray is a northern Canadian city rich in resources and cultural diversity nestled in the Boreal Forest in Wood Buffalo. Explore what Fort McMurray has to offer - from its stunning natural environment and multicultural community, to its quiet neighbourhoods.
Find out more about living and working in Fort McMurray at goaheadfortmac.com »
Suncor Energy is a sustainably operated Canadian integrated energy company. Our company combines a leading position in oil sands with complementary operations in refining and marketing, North American natural gas production and conventional oil production internationally and offshore East Coast Canada.
At Suncor, we operate our businesses reliably and efficiently with an emphasis on employee safety and a number of initiatives aimed at ensuring a safe and healthy environment. Suncor is also committed to contributing to the well-being of the communities where we operate - including yours.
Our use of innovative technology has made us an industry leader in the energy business - and with a strong strategy for growth, Suncor offers a solid foundation for you to continue building your career.As an employer, Suncor is one of the best companies in Canada, providing tremendous future potential where talented people thrive. As our business evolves, so do our employment opportunities. Our work culture includes a dynamic mix of newcomers and experienced professionals, with a diversity of skills and expertise from all parts of Canada.
Learn more about why our employees choose Suncor »
Not sure if this particular listing is the right opportunity? Follow Suncor on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job listings and employment news.