The Quality Assurance Inspector, Upgrading, will provide inspection services within an operating and expanding plant environment in support of a Suncor system that manages the integrity of in-service pressure, process and structural equipment.
- Learn and execute Suncor's Integrity Management System in place for pressure, process and structural equipment
- Complete in-service equipment inspection assessments utilizing visual and NDE techniques
- Inspection of new construction/fabrication and repair/alteration of in-service pressure/process equipment, process piping and structural components as well as coordinate and manage specific plant equipment QA systems and records.
- Monitor and accept new equipment installations and enroll them into the system
- Assist maintenance in repair strategies by assessing the equipment condition and necessary repairs, issuing repair requests to maintenance and engineering, co-developing welding repair and general repair strategies with engineering and supporting the successful management of equipment integrity to assure a positive contribution to plant safety, reliability, performance and retention of plant integrity. Focus on identifying equipment condition, assist in determining failure modes and effects, root cause, and assist engineering in defining corrective actions
- Create the necessary inspection, repair and condition history of the equipment, monitoring and identifying non-conformances to the system requirements. Assisting the area to find the appropriate disposition to nonconformance, ensuring that the appropriate corrective action to prevent recurrence is deployed with discipline.
- Support equipment condition monitoring scope development and deployment
- Support continuous improvement by contributing in our efforts to improve the integrity management system, the business unit specific programs and their respective supporting standards and procedures
- Monitor contractor activities to ensure impact to Suncor equipment meets or exceeds established expectations through established processes to survey and audit their quality output and workmanship
- Learn and comply with Suncor EH&S polices and steward to Suncor's "Journey to Zero" culture
Suncor is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma is required
- Minimum of three years of experience conducting plant inspections, NDE, monitoring welding/fabrication/repair/alteration and working within an inspection program to support an in-service facility
- API 510 or National Board Certification is required
- Driver's license is required
- API 570 is preferred
- ABSA in-service Pressure Vessel or Boiler and Pressure Vessel Inspector Certificate of Competency is preferred
- NDE CGSB or ASNT level II MT/PT/UT/RT is preferred
- Experience with RBI program methodology/principles/application is considered an asset
- API 579 and 571 knowledge is considered an asset
- Experience with piping, vessel, heater, boiler, tank fabrication and repair quality systems is considered an asset
- Experience with abrasion and erosion technology and repair technology is considered an asset
- Experience with statically and dynamically loaded structure inspection and repair is considered an asset
- Experience with SAP software program is considered an asset
- API 653 is considered beneficial
- National Board commission IS endorsement (active or eligible) is considered beneficial
- Diploma in engineering technology/materials/ welding/ NDT is considered beneficial
- Engineering degree in mechanical, metallurgical or welding is considered beneficial
- CWB or AWS Welding Inspector is considered beneficial
Skills and Knowledge:
- Excellent communication, technical writing and organization skills.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in the Microsoft suite of programs
- Knowledge and or experience in pressure vessel in-service inspections, pressure relive valve in section, servicing and technology
- Knowledge of inspection database and historical management
- Knowledge and experience in condition monitoring on equipment containing/conveying liquid and or gas
- Knowledge of welding, welding inspection and weld repair technology
- Knowledge and experience of refinery inspection and damage mechanisms with process equipment
- Be available to support the QA team to provide QA support to the operation after hours with rotating on-call duties to assure the team shares a work-life balance
- Physical work assessing equipment within confined spaces, in the outdoors and at safe working heights with the appropriate personal protective equipment
- The work schedule is Monday to Friday with two days off (5 and 2)
- This is a Fort McMurray based position and relocation is required
Go ahead. Expect growth. We want you to have a job you're genuinely excited about - as well as opportunities to learn and challenge yourself or mentor others. Plus, Suncor Energy offers a flexible employee package that can be adjusted to suit the changing needs of your life, including:
- competitive base salary and compensation programs
- attractive annual incentive program
- flexible benefits package
- rewarding pension and savings plans
Wondering if you and Suncor are the right fit? Hear what people at Suncor have to say about working here. Go ahead. Find out why your peers chose Suncor »
ABOUT FORT MCMURRAY
Fort McMurray is a northern Canadian city rich in resources and cultural diversity nestled in the Boreal Forest in Wood Buffalo. Explore what Fort McMurray has to offer - from its stunning natural environment and multicultural community, to its quiet neighbourhoods.
Find out more about living and working in Fort McMurray at goaheadfortmac.com »
Suncor Energy is a sustainably operated Canadian integrated energy company. Our company combines a leading position in oil sands with complementary operations in refining and marketing, North American natural gas production and conventional oil production internationally and offshore East Coast Canada.
At Suncor, we operate our businesses reliably and efficiently with an emphasis on employee safety and a number of initiatives aimed at ensuring a safe and healthy environment. Suncor is also committed to contributing to the well-being of the communities where we operate - including yours.
Our use of innovative technology has made us an industry leader in the energy business - and with a strong strategy for growth, Suncor offers a solid foundation for you to continue building your career.As an employer, Suncor is one of the best companies in Canada, providing tremendous future potential where talented people thrive. As our business evolves, so do our employment opportunities. Our work culture includes a dynamic mix of newcomers and experienced professionals, with a diversity of skills and expertise from all parts of Canada.
Learn more about why our employees choose Suncor »
Not sure if this particular listing is the right opportunity? Follow Suncor on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job listings and employment news.