The Geotechnical Engineer is a Fort McMurray based position that reports to the Manager, Geotechnical Engineering. In this role, you will work collaboratively with Planning to support the Tailings Reduction Operation (TRO) production decisions and the TRO Cross-Functional Team (CFT) goals and objectives.
- Work with Planning to support production decisions to meet annual goals and objectives
- Provide technical and operational guidance to the TRO Quality Assurance (QA) Monitors
- Provide Geotechnical support to the TRO CFT in resolving production quality short-falls
- Liaison between the Geotechnical technical experts and site planning and operations
- Prepare annual work plans with resource requirements for Consultant support and annual budgets for the Geotechnical Construction QA group
- Ensure deposition as-builts are documented and compiled into as-built reports for compliance reporting
- Manage monthly QA reporting and present findings and required remedial actions at the area CFT stewardship meetings
Suncor is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals
Education and Experience:
- An engineering degree in Geotechnical, Civil or related field
- Member of APEGGA or other Engineering Professional Association
- Minimum of five years of experience in civil earthworks construction projects that include field construction supervision, construction quality assurance, inspection and testing, and contract administration in a (oil sands) mining environment is highly desired
Skills and Knowledge:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Effective leadership skills; demonstrated ability to set direction, drive results, lead others and self
- Able to work in a dynamic and collaborative team environment
- Valid driver's license
- The position is based in Fort McMurray
Go ahead. Expect success. We want you to have a job you're genuinely excited about - as well as opportunities to learn, grow, challenge yourself or mentor others. Plus, Suncor Energy offers a flexible employee package that can be adjusted to suit the changing needs of your life, including:
- competitive base salary and compensation programs
- attractive annual incentive program
- flexible benefits package
- rewarding pension and savings plans
Wondering if you and Suncor are the right fit? Hear what people at Suncor have to say about working here. Go ahead. Find out why your peers chose Suncor »
ABOUT FORT MCMURRAY
Fort McMurray is a northern Canadian city rich in resources and cultural diversity nestled in the Boreal Forest in Wood Buffalo. Explore what Fort McMurray has to offer - from its stunning natural environment and multicultural community, to its quiet neighbourhoods.
Find out more about living and working in Fort McMurray at goaheadfortmac.com »
Suncor Energy is a sustainably operated Canadian integrated energy company. Our company combines a leading position in oil sands with complementary operations in refining and marketing, North American natural gas production and conventional oil production internationally and offshore East Coast Canada.
At Suncor, we operate our businesses reliably and efficiently with an emphasis on employee safety and a number of initiatives aimed at ensuring a safe and healthy environment. Suncor is also committed to contributing to the well-being of the communities where we operate - including yours.
Our use of innovative technology has made us an industry leader in the energy business - and with a strong strategy for growth, Suncor offers a solid foundation for you to continue building your career.As an employer, Suncor is one of the best companies in Canada, providing tremendous future potential where talented people thrive. As our business evolves, so do our employment opportunities. Our work culture includes a dynamic mix of newcomers and experienced professionals, with a diversity of skills and expertise from all parts of Canada.
Learn more about why our employees choose Suncor »
Not sure if this particular listing is the right opportunity? Follow Suncor on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job listings and employment news.