The Quality Assurance Welder Examiner will be responsible to operate the Welder Testing Facility. In addition, the successful candidate with steward to the facility to ensure equipment is maintained in good working order, facility is clean and all safety equipment and safety rules are maintained within.
- Schedule welder tests upon contact from the Business Units (BU's)
- Test welders in accordance with the QA IMS section 2.22 and the relevant regulations and codes
- Maintain the welder qualification records system and software
- Ensure the correct testing materials and calibrated equipment
- Manage all incoming welder qualifications under the scope of our Integrity Management System (IMS) within the software
- Handle all welder qualification inquiries, including use of welding procedures at site supporting the Chief Inspector in that process
- Assist in the development of welding procedures providing a testing location when called upon
- Provide the space as steward and coordinator to test specialty welding processes brought in by external companies to assist BU's in specialty repair strategies
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the facilities, services and the related section of the QA IMS
- Learn and comply with Suncor EH&S polices and steward to Suncor's "Journey to Zero" culture
Suncor is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma is required
- Minimum of six years in industry related to pressure welding either through engineering, inspection, fabrication and or maintenance.
- Minimum of three years of experience as a certified welder examiner conducting testing and certifying pressure welders
- Experience working with a quality manual and system
- Driver's license is required
- ABSA Certified Welder Examiner qualification is required
- NDE CGSB or ASNT level II MT/PT/UT/RT is preferred
- Experience with RBI program methodology/principles/application is considered an asset
- API 579 and 571 knowledge is considered an asset
- Experience with piping, vessel, heater, boiler, tank fabrication and repair quality systems is considered an asset
- Experience with abrasion and erosion technology and repair technology is considered an asset
- Experience with SAP software program is considered an asset
- Diploma in engineering technology/materials/ welding/ NDT is considered beneficial
Skills and Knowledge:
- Excellent communication, technical writing and organization skills
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in the Microsoft suite of programs
- Knowledge of NDE with working knowledge of MT and PT methods
- Knowledge of the ASME codes specifically section II all parts and section IX and ABSA regulations
- Knowledge of welding/fabrication/repair/alteration and practical application of welding systems/equipment
- Knowledge of welder database and management
- Knowledge of welding, welding inspection and weld repair technology
- Physical work assessing equipment within welding/grinding environment
- The work schedule is Monday to Friday with two days off (5 and 2)
This is a Fort McMurray based position and relocation is required
Go ahead. Expect growth. We want you to have a job you're genuinely excited about - as well as opportunities to learn and challenge yourself or mentor others. Plus, Suncor Energy offers a flexible employee package that can be adjusted to suit the changing needs of your life, including:
- competitive base salary and compensation programs
- attractive annual incentive program
- flexible benefits package
- rewarding pension and savings plans
Wondering if you and Suncor are the right fit? Hear what people at Suncor have to say about working here. Go ahead. Find out why your peers chose Suncor »
ABOUT FORT MCMURRAY
Fort McMurray is a northern Canadian city rich in resources and cultural diversity nestled in the Boreal Forest in Wood Buffalo. Explore what Fort McMurray has to offer - from its stunning natural environment and multicultural community, to its quiet neighbourhoods.
Find out more about living and working in Fort McMurray at goaheadfortmac.com »
Suncor Energy is a sustainably operated Canadian integrated energy company. Our company combines a leading position in oil sands with complementary operations in refining and marketing, North American natural gas production and conventional oil production internationally and offshore East Coast Canada.
At Suncor, we operate our businesses reliably and efficiently with an emphasis on employee safety and a number of initiatives aimed at ensuring a safe and healthy environment. Suncor is also committed to contributing to the well-being of the communities where we operate - including yours.
Our use of innovative technology has made us an industry leader in the energy business - and with a strong strategy for growth, Suncor offers a solid foundation for you to continue building your career.As an employer, Suncor is one of the best companies in Canada, providing tremendous future potential where talented people thrive. As our business evolves, so do our employment opportunities. Our work culture includes a dynamic mix of newcomers and experienced professionals, with a diversity of skills and expertise from all parts of Canada.
Learn more about why our employees choose Suncor »
Not sure if this particular listing is the right opportunity? Follow Suncor on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job listings and employment news.