Reporting to the Team Lead, Contracts, the SCS Contracts Specialist will contribute to sourcing and procurement activities within Supply Chain Services by conducting RFx, contract negotiations, formations, and amendments, specifically for Tier 2 and Tier 3 vendors based on the annual contract plan. Based out of our Calgary office, this role will include resolving performance issues of the procurement function, identifying procurement process improvements, implementing procurement strategies, and ensuring a Total Cost of Ownership approach to procurement. Suncor currently has several French bilingualism positions available - If you are French Bilingual, please indicate clearly on the resume.
French bilingualism is a requirement for this position (please indicate clearly on the resume)
- Conduct negotiations with selected suppliers to tactically procure materials or services
- Develop, manage, and execute contract plan for the procurement of materials and/or services
- Perform sourcing tasks with the contract plan in alignment with the technical and/or regulatory environment
- Execute sourcing and contract activities to select Tier 2 and Tier 3 suppliers based on risk and Business Unit priorities
- Interface with Category Management to maintain alignment and exchange qualitative information on purchasing and contracting
- Involve legal if seeking deviations to Suncor contract templates
- Obtain and review business partner and/or end-user requirements for material and/or service needs
- Escalate procurement and contract issues to the Procurement Lead
- Participate in regular meetings with internal stakeholders to establish requirements, communicate market trends, and provide sourcing status updates
- Participate in execution activities with SCS to ensure proper implementation and understanding of contract details
- Document results from the sourcing activities velop, update and expand the category strategy by aligning business needs, market intelligence, risks and overall sustainable value for Suncor
- Participate on cross-functional sourcing teams taking responsibility for translating Suncor business requirements and negotiated outcomes into a supply contract
- Acting as principal corporate commercial contact point for the Category
- Monitor the performance of Suncor and of suppliers related to contract terms and help build sustainable long-term relationships with selected suppliers
Suncor is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals
Education and Experience:
- PMAC designation is an asset
- Experience in Oil & Gas industry is preferred
- Experience demonstrating leadership and mentoring skills
- A Business, Supply Chain or Engineering degree from a recognized institution
- A minimum of five years' experience in Contract Formation, Negotiation, Procurement, Strategic Sourcing, Category Management, and Supply Chain Management with increasing responsibilities in various roles
Go ahead. Expect growth. We want you to have a job you're genuinely excited about - as well as opportunities to learn and challenge yourself or mentor others. Plus, Suncor Energy offers a flexible employee package that can be adjusted to suit the changing needs of your life, including:
- competitive base salary and compensation programs
- attractive annual incentive program
- flexible benefits package
- rewarding pension and savings plans
Wondering if you and Suncor are the right fit? Hear what people at Suncor have to say about working here. Go ahead. Find out why your peers chose Suncor »
Suncor Energy is a sustainably operated Canadian integrated energy company. Our company combines a leading position in oil sands with complementary operations in refining and marketing, North American natural gas production and conventional oil production internationally and offshore East Coast Canada.
At Suncor, we operate our businesses reliably and efficiently with an emphasis on employee safety and a number of initiatives aimed at ensuring a safe and healthy environment. Suncor is also committed to contributing to the well-being of the communities where we operate - including yours.
Our use of innovative technology has made us an industry leader in the energy business - and with a strong strategy for growth, Suncor offers a solid foundation for you to continue building your career.As an employer, Suncor is one of the best companies in Canada, providing tremendous future potential where talented people thrive. As our business evolves, so do our employment opportunities. Our work culture includes a dynamic mix of newcomers and experienced professionals, with a diversity of skills and expertise from all parts of Canada.
Learn more about why our employees choose Suncor »
Not sure if this particular listing is the right opportunity? Follow Suncor on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job listings and employment news.