Asset Integrity Advisor
This position will be based on the Terra Nova FPSO and will work within the Asset Integrity Team as the point of contact and steward for Asset Integrity initiatives offshore. The role works closely with others within the Integrity Team as well as Offshore Operations to proactively implement and execute the Asset Integrity Program.
- Perform first line assessments and work in conjunction with the Materials Engineer in performing root cause investigations
- Act as the offshore contact/coordinator for temporary repairs
- Provide support to fabric maintenance programs to assess any integrity issues that arise following removal of insulation/PFP etc
- Assist in TQ responses and clarifications on integrity issues
- Verify the Preservation Procedures during shutdowns
- Raise awareness of Integrity issues offshore through formal and informal dissemination of information
- Work with the nominated Inspection contractor to research new techniques for inspection and integrity monitoring
- Avail of opportunistic shutdown linked inspections
- Provide input and assistance for materials and design reviews to minimize integrity threats
- Work with Operations and Asset Integrity staff in a team environment to identify priorities, plan and execute work
Suncor is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Engineering or an equivalent combination of education and experience
(i.e. BSc. CET, etc. supplemented with Asset Integrity work experience)
- 10 years experience in the petro-chemical / oil and gas industry covering Asset Integrity and Fabric Maintenance
- Certification to API 570, and API 510
- Certification in NDE Methods of UT, MPI and DPI, other certifications would be considered an asset
- Experience in the use and application of PMI
- Specific experience in fixed and floating production systems, topsides, turret and marine vessel facilities and systems and offshore operations support is preferential
Skills and Knowledge:
- Knowledge of equipment degradation mechanisms and applicable detection methods
- Knowledge of coatings, passive fire protection and insulation materials and procedures
- Knowledge of inspection methods and techniques as well as equipment degradation mechanisms and applicable detection methods
- Ability to read and interpret Radiographs
Qualified residents of the province of Newfoundland and Labrador will be given first consideration in the staffing of this position.
Go ahead. Expect success. We want you to have a job you're genuinely excited about - as well as opportunities to learn, grow, challenge yourself or mentor others. Plus, Suncor Energy offers a flexible employee package that can be adjusted to suit the changing needs of your life, including:
- competitive base salary and compensation programs
- attractive annual incentive program
- flexible benefits package
- rewarding pension and savings plans
Wondering if you and Suncor are the right fit? Hear what people at Suncor have to say about working here. Go ahead. Find out why your peers chose Suncor »
Suncor Energy is a sustainably operated Canadian integrated energy company. Our company combines a leading position in oil sands with complementary operations in refining and marketing, North American natural gas production and conventional oil production internationally and offshore East Coast Canada.
At Suncor, we operate our businesses reliably and efficiently with an emphasis on employee safety and a number of initiatives aimed at ensuring a safe and healthy environment. Suncor is also committed to contributing to the well-being of the communities where we operate - including yours.
Our use of innovative technology has made us an industry leader in the energy business - and with a strong strategy for growth, Suncor offers a solid foundation for you to continue building your career.As an employer, Suncor is one of the best companies in Canada, providing tremendous future potential where talented people thrive. As our business evolves, so do our employment opportunities. Our work culture includes a dynamic mix of newcomers and experienced professionals, with a diversity of skills and expertise from all parts of Canada.
Learn more about why our employees choose Suncor »
Not sure if this particular listing is the right opportunity? Follow Suncor on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job listings and employment news.