Suncor news and media

Many jobs at Suncor — especially the trades — are regulated by the government. Trades require certification specific to the location where the job resides. As a result, Suncor only considers applicants who have the proper certification.


If you’ve completed your education in the trades in Alberta, you are certified to work in Alberta. For further information on obtaining certification in a trade, please visit the Alberta government website. This website provides information on education and experience requirements and lists some of the educational institutions in Alberta that offer the program.

Visit Alberta Learning Information Services to learn about Alberta certification


Just like Alberta, if you have completed your education in the trades in Ontario, you are certified to work in that province. If you have education and experience from another province or country, or would like to check your qualifications to ensure they meet certification specifications, visit the Ontario government website.

Visit the Ontario Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities to learn about Ontario certification

Interprovincial transfers

You may wish to get your credentials evaluated before applying for a job. The Canadian Information Centre for International Credentials (CICIC) website has information on academic and occupational credentials for nearly 200 professions and trades. The centre does not grant equivalencies or assess credentials. It gives advice and refers people to sources of help.

Visit for more information

Provincial assessment services assess academic credentials for a fee. The assessment will tell you how your education compares with educational standards in the province where you plan
to work.

Find out more by visiting University of Toronto’s website