Suncor helps engage citizens in our communities of interest in two ways:
- Supporting the community involvement efforts of employees and retirees
- Investing in innovative initiatives designed to mobilize volunteers.
At Suncor, we believe that social sector involvement helps build employee leadership capability while creating capacity in the non-profit sector. Encouraging employees to connect with community organizations helps:
- Employees and retirees to foster a deeper commitment to community
- Provide community organizations with access to the highly skilled volunteers
- Build the talents and skills of the organizations and the participating employees.
Through our investments in Engaging Citizens we aim to:
- Support employee and retiree community participation through the SunCares Employee Grants Program and United Way
- Provide the ability for employees and their families to volunteer
- Offer opportunities to learn about key community issues and gain new skills
- Encourage employees and retirees to foster a deeper commitment to community.