The following are the disclaimers, terms and conditions for use of the Suncor Energy Inc. website and, by using this website, you are accepting that you are bound by the disclaimers, terms and conditions set forth below.
Suncor Energy Inc. is an integrated energy company headquartered in Calgary, Alberta. Suncor’s oil sands business, located near Fort McMurray, Alberta, extracts and upgrades oil sands and markets refinery feedstock and diesel fuel, while operations throughout Western Canada produce natural gas. Suncor operates a refining and marketing business in Ontario with retail distribution under the Sunoco brand and across Canada under the Petro-Canada™ brand. U.S.A. downstream assets include pipeline and refining operations in Colorado and Wyoming and retail sales in the Denver area under the Shell and Phillips 66® brands. Suncor’s common shares (symbol: SU) are listed on the Toronto and New York stock exchanges.
References to "Suncor Energy Inc.," "Suncor" and "the company" shall include Suncor Energy Inc., Suncor Energy Foundation and our subsidiaries, including Suncor Energy Products Inc., Suncor Energy Products Partnership, Suncor Energy Marketing Inc., and Suncor Energy (U.S.A.) Inc.
Please note that Suncor Energy Inc.'s subsidiary, Suncor Energy Products Partnership, an Alberta Partnership, uses the Sunoco brand under licence and is a separate and unrelated company from Sunoco, Inc., a Philadelphia, U.S.A., corporation. Any references to "Sunoco" refer only to the Ontario downstream brand used by Suncor Energy Products Partnership.
As well, Suncor Energy Inc.'s subsidiary, "Suncor Energy Products Partnership" and Petro-Canada Lubricants Inc. use the Petro-Canada brand. "Petro-Canada" is used under licence from Suncor Energy Inc.
Suncor Energy (U.S.A.) Inc. is an authorized licensee of the Shell and Phillips 66 brands and marks in the state of Colorado.
Suncor does not warrant or make any representations or claims as to the validity, accuracy, currency, timeliness, completeness or otherwise of the information contained in its websites, nor shall it be liable or responsible for any claim or damage, direct, indirect, special, consequential or otherwise arising out of the interpretation, use or reliance upon, authorized or unauthorized, of such information.
The content in Suncor websites may not always be the most current source of company information, and Suncor disclaims liability for any failure to update this website or the information or any document contained therein. In addition, the information and materials available on these websites are not intended to provide specific legal, accounting, financial, investing or tax information or advice to any user. The documents and information available are provided as a convenience only and, where any documents on these websites have been filed in accordance with applicable securities laws, such documents may not be the official versions of Suncor's securities laws disclosure documents, and the user is directed to obtain official copies either from applicable securities regulators, www.sedar.com, www.sec.gov or from the company.
When downloaded or displayed on a user's computer, Internet software transmission problems could produce inaccurate or incomplete copies of documents. Suncor takes no responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of documents or material downloaded or displayed from its websites.
Suncor takes reasonable precautions to ensure its websites are free from computer viruses; however, it is recommended that the user install and use appropriate antivirus or other protective software. Suncor disclaims liability for any computer viruses or other destructive programs that may be inadvertently downloaded from its websites.
Forward Looking Statement Notice
Suncor's websites may contain certain forward-looking statements that are based on Suncor's current expectations, estimates, projections and assumptions and are made by the company in light of its current experience and its perception of historical trends.
All statements that address expectations or projections about the future, including statements about Suncor's strategy for growth, expected expenditures, commodity prices, costs, schedules and production volumes, operating or financial results, are forward-looking statements. These statements are not guarantees of future performance and involve a number of risks, uncertainties and assumptions.
Readers are cautioned that Suncor's actual results may differ materially from those expressed or implied by its forward-looking statements as a result of known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors. Discussion of the risks, uncertainties, assumptions and other factors that could affect Suncor's plans and any actual results are described in Suncor's Annual Report, Quarterly Reports, Annual Information Form/Form 40-F, Management's Discussion and Analysis and other documents filed with Canadian securities commissions at www.sedar.com and the United States Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) at www.sec.gov.
Ownership of Material
The material and information on Suncor's websites are being made available only under the conditions set out herein. Suncor reserves rights to the intellectual property presented in its websites, which includes, but is not limited to, our copyrights, trademarks and corporate logos. "Suncor" and “Petro-Canada” are Canadian- and U.S.-registered trademarks. "Sunoco" is a Canadian-registered trademark of Suncor.
No material from the websites may be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted or distributed in any way, unless otherwise indicated on this website, except for your own personal or internal company use.
If you choose to use material from our websites, you may not allow others to:
- remove the copyright or other proprietary notices from the downloaded materials
- sell, reproduce, modify or attempt to modify the materials in any way or reproduce or publicly display, perform or distribute or otherwise use them for public or commercial purpose, including, without limitation, use of the materials on any other website
- transfer the material to any other person without the written consent of Suncor
- interfere with the security of, or otherwise abuse, this website or any services, system resources, accounts, servers or networks connected to, or accessible through, this website or affiliated or linked websites.
Photos supplied in Suncor's photo library on this website may be used and reproduced for non-commercial purposes, provided that the photos are not modified and that Suncor Energy Inc. is credited. Logos supplied on this website may be used, provided the visual identity guidelines are followed.
Except as otherwise noted, the trademarks displayed on this site are the trademarks and logos of Suncor. Suncor's trademarks and logos may not be used in any way or for any purpose without the consent of Suncor.
Modification of the materials or use of the materials for any other purpose is a violation of Suncor's copyright and other proprietary rights. You may not frame this website nor link to this website without Suncor's express permission. If you wish to link to this website, please contact us.
Respecting and protecting your privacy is important to us and a priority in our continuing relationship.
Petro-Canada is a Suncor Energy business. Suncor collects your personal information through various means, such as through your purchases of Suncor products, your enrolment in our Petro-PointsTM loyalty program, website cookies, and your response to our surveys.
Suncor collects this information so that we can carry out one or more of the following:
- Administer the Petro-Points program;
- Provide you with ongoing services relating to your purchases of Suncor products, including, but not limited to, fuel, lubricants, car care, warranties and other offerings;
- Include you in preferred customer activities, such as special promotions and bonus offers;
- Manage, develop and improve our business and operations;
- Complete the necessary credit investigation(s) when you are applying for credit;
- Assist in the development and marketing of our products and services; and
- To comply with any legal or regulatory requirements, or to cooperate with police and/or financial institutions during any investigation of credit/debit card and/or suspected criminal/fraudulent activities involving Suncor or any of Suncor's service providers or agents.
Please note that your personal information that you disclose on a commercial credit card application will only be used to complete the necessary credit investigation and will not be used for marketing or other purposes, unless we ask for and receive your consent for such use(s).
Respecting and protecting the privacy of Suncor’s other stakeholder group is important to us and is a priority in our continuing relationship. Examples of other stakeholders include, but are not limited to, individual contractors, job applicants, landowners, lease-grantors, shareholders, investment analysts, government contacts and scholarship recipients.
Suncor collects your personal information through various means, such as through personal contact, job and scholarship applications, over the phone and through website cookies. We collect this information so we can manage our ongoing relationship with you, but we will tell you the specific purposes for which your information will be used when we collect it.
Suncor takes great care to ensure your personal information is securely stored. Access to this information is restricted to authorized employees of Suncor and will only be disclosed to third-party agents responsible for administering our programs or providing Suncor with services, provided that such companies use the information only for the purposes for which it was disclosed, and agree to maintain privacy policies consistent with Suncor’s.
Suncor's recruiting software, Virtual Edge and its servers, are located in the United States, therefore personal information may be used, processed and stored both in Canada and the United States, and the governments, courts or law enforcement or regulatory agencies of the United States may be able to obtain disclosure of personal information through the laws of the foreign country.
A cookie is a piece of data — typically encoded information about how and when you use a site — that a Web server creates when you visit a website. This data is placed on your computer hard drive in the form of a small text file.
There are two types of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies are used only for the length of time you stay on the website. When you leave the site, they expire and are no longer active. Persistent cookies are more permanent and can be re-read when you return to the site that placed them on your computer. We use persistent cookies in two instances — to identify previous visits to a new section of the website so that you are not required to view redirect information on subsequent visits and to allow users to access our corporate brand web page without having to log in repeatedly using the registration form.
You may choose not to accept cookies by setting your browser options to inform you when cookies are being sent. Alternately, you can set these options to deny cookies altogether. Please note, however, that by not accepting cookies you may limit the functionality that we can provide to you when you visit our site.
Automatic Logging of Session Data
To help us serve you better, we continuously and automatically collect generic, non-personal information about visits to our website. The following points describe the nature of the information collected in our Web server logs:
- We do not collect personal information such as names, ages, phone numbers, addresses or email addresses from visitors to our website. We do not collect individual profile information for visitors across multiple sites and do not aggregate information from any other sources about browsing patterns of individual visitors across multiple sites.
- We collect anonymous visitor information like IP addresses, browser types, return visits from past guests, referring pages, pages visited along with the order in which they were visited, time spent on the Web site, and the referrer and transaction information for e-commerce pages. We collect such non-personally identifiable information for the following purposes: (1) to obtain anonymous statistical analysis of Web page traffic patterns for our website (2) to administer our website and servers, (3) to allow for auditing of our services by third parties, and (4) to improve our services.
- We do not create individual profiles of visitors. We do not have a database of individual profiles of each visitor. We collect data in aggregate form and data is not recorded or stored about individual visitors.
- We may use the aggregate data to inform third parties as to the number of people who have seen and clicked on links to their websites.
Suncor reserves the right to change this policy at any time. Please check this page periodically for changes.
Updated April 2011.