Suncor is committed to a set of goals and values that guide our business decisions. Central to this is the principle of a triple-bottom-line. This means managing our operations and growth plans in a way that enhances social and economic benefits, while striving to minimize the environmental impact associated with development.
Read the 2014 Report on sustainability for more information
- Suncor is tackling both global environmental issues such as greenhouse gas emissions and regional issues such as land use, reclamation, water use and air quality.
- Our approach is to invest in innovative technologies to improve environmental performance and reduce our impact on air, land and water.
- We're also investing in renewable energy – six wind power projects and Canada's largest ethanol production facility to date.
- We help build healthy communities. Over the past 10 years, Suncor Energy & the Suncor Energy Foundation contributed more than $137 million to charitable and non-profits organizations in Canada and internationally.
- We work with industry, governments and community groups to earn and maintain the trust of residents in communities where we operate.