Suncor is focused on delivering triple-bottom-line sustainability. This means managing our operations and growth plans in a way that enhances social and economic benefits, while striving to minimize the environmental impact associated with development.
- Suncor is tackling both global environmental issues such as greenhouse gas emissions and regional issues such as land use, reclamation, water use and air quality.
- Our approach is to harness new technology and innovative thinking to improve environmental performance and reduce our impact on air, land and water.
- We're also investing in renewable energy – seven operating wind power projects and Canada's largest ethanol plant.
- We help build healthy communities. Over the past 15 years, Suncor Energy and the Suncor Energy Foundation have contributed more than $190 million to charitable and non-profit organizations in Canada and internationally.
- We work with industry, governments and community groups to earn and maintain the trust of residents in communities where we operate.
Read the 2015 Report on Sustainability for more information