Reporting to the Turnaround Manager, the Operations Coordinator will collaborate with Operations to provide input and support for the planning phase of turnarounds.
- Prepare detailed operations deliverables including shutdown and startup plans, decontamination plans, guide books, and process safety management check lists
- Perform field walk-downs to verify correctness of planning deliverables and adequacy of field pre-work
- Assist in developing the shutdown and startup schedules, including identifying startup systems, boundaries, and sequencing
- Develop commissioning packages for each system
- Develop information and training packages for upcoming turnaround events and assist with operator training as required
- Provide leadership during the turnaround or outage event
- Support the post-work after event completion including completing final closeout and capturing lessons-learned
Suncor is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals
Education and Experience:
- Power engineering certificate, an engineering technology diploma, or an engineering degree
- Eight to ten years of previous experience involving construction, commissioning, and/or operation of a refinery or upgrading facility
- Previous experience in plant turnarounds is an asset
- Previous experience in an operations progression is an asset
Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong interpersonal and organization skills are required as well as a commitment to safety leadership by example
- Experience with SAP, Excel, Word, Adobe 9 is an asset
- Extended shifts may be required during turnaround or outage events
Go ahead. Expect growth. We want you to have a job you're genuinely excited about - as well as opportunities to learn and challenge yourself or mentor others. Plus, Suncor Energy offers a flexible employee package that can be adjusted to suit the changing needs of your life, including:
- competitive base salary and compensation programs
- attractive annual incentive program
- flexible benefits package
- rewarding pension and savings plans
Wondering if you and Suncor are the right fit? Hear what people at Suncor have to say about working here. Go ahead. Find out why your peers chose Suncor »
About Fort McMurray:
Fort McMurray is a northern Canadian city rich in resources and cultural diversity nestled in the Boreal Forest in Wood Buffalo. With many new services and amenities and an outstanding quality of life, including many recreation and leisure activities, people from all over the world are proud to call Fort McMurray home.
Find out more about living and working in Fort McMurray >>
Suncor Energy is a sustainably operated Canadian integrated energy company. Our company combines a leading position in oil sands with complementary operations in refining and marketing, North American natural gas production and conventional oil production internationally and offshore East Coast Canada.
Our use of innovative technology has made us an industry leader in the energy business - and with a strong strategy for growth, Suncor offers a solid foundation for you to continue building your career.
At Suncor, we operate our businesses reliably and efficiently with an emphasis on employee safety and a number of initiatives aimed at ensuring a safe and healthy environment. Suncor is also committed to contributing to the well-being of the communities where we operate - including yours.
As an employer, Suncor is one of the best companies in Canada, providing tremendous future potential where talented people thrive. As our business evolves, so do our employment opportunities. Our work culture includes a dynamic mix of newcomers and experienced professionals, with a diversity of skills and expertise from all parts of Canada.
Learn more about why our employees choose Suncor »
Not sure if this particular listing is the right opportunity? Follow Suncor on LinkedIn for the latest job listings and employment news.