Supply Chain Management
Supply Chain Management
Are you passionate about being part of the next generation agile workforce while supporting procurement activities, supplier management, and logistics coordination to ensure safe, efficient delivery of services and materials?
The Supply Chain Management New Grad Program is an innovative, custom-designed program allowing new graduates to grow personally and professionally through:
- Quarterly coaching sessions from a variety of professionals
- A dedicated New Grad Coordinator who helps to facilitate your growth and development
- Business insight projects
- Specialized training programs
- Formal end-of-rotation assessments and evaluations
- Mentorship from senior leaders
- Access to open-concept collaboration spaces for brainstorming and creative thinking
- Networking opportunities
- Participation in volunteer activities and inclusion networks
During our three-year, Calgary-based rotation program, you will acquire a diverse set of skills in areas including:
- Operations – as a primary contact for the business, you will gain a holistic view of all things Supply Chain Management (SCM), from receiving demand to delivery of materials and services.
- Category management – you will collaborate to develop strategies to enable supply chain to procure strategically, resulting in efficient, available, low-cost supply.
- Shared services and integration – you will develop and steward transformation strategies, enabling SCM to operate effectively and efficiently and provide shared services to internal and external stakeholders.
- Projects – you will develop and execute effective SCM strategies throughout all project phases including contracting for services and procurement, materials management and logistics.
- Field logistics – you will provide world-class logistics support, from planning through to project completion/lesson application, for Suncor’s global business.
“The Supply Chain Management New Graduate Program has been an extremely effective method of making the transition from university graduate to career professional. I valued the opportunities to explore numerous teams within Supply Chain & Field Logistics, growing my skill set through being faced with challenges unique to each team. I am excited for what the future brings, and happy to be part of the Suncor family!”
— Chris Neely, Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) graduate from Mount Royal University
“The Supply Chain New Graduate Program has allowed me to apply what I have learned in school within a real business setting. I am forever grateful to the many mentors, leaders and co-workers that were so open and welcoming towards me and continue to be so supportive. Every role that I have had the opportunity to be in has not only built my knowledge of supply chain at Suncor, but still helps shape who I am today as I progress in my career."
— Kristi Prence, Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) graduate from Mount Royal University