Why choose Suncor?
Derrick started his career at Suncor as a new graduate and now is the director of reliability engineering.
Go Ahead. Expect Success.
When you join Suncor Energy, you’re signing on with a company that has built a solid foundation for both business and employee success:
- Industry-leading experience
- A reputation for social and environmental responsibility
- An achievement-oriented culture
- Opportunities for career growth
- A rewarding compensation package
Our track record and tremendous future potential make Suncor a place where talented people thrive. Suncor has great opportunities for everyone – from new graduates all the way to seasoned professionals.
As our business evolves, so do our employment opportunities – in oil sands mining, production and upgrading, natural gas production, refining, wind power, marketing and retail. Suncor hires people in areas such as:
- Operations and maintenance
- Mining, mechanical, electrical, process engineers
- Project management
- Supply chain
- Human resources
- Health and safety
- Marketing and business development
The Suncor team has:
- Close to 13,000 employees
- An average age of 40 – a dynamic mix of newcomers and experienced professionals
- A diversity of skills, expertise and culture – people from all parts of Canada, North America and the globe.