Our approach at Suncor and within the Suncor Energy Foundation (SEF) includes three funding priorities that reflect our commitment to combining community and Suncor strengths to co-create social, economic and environmental solutions. The three funding priorities include:
Learn from and with Indigenous Peoples to accelerate a reconciliation mindset, youth engagement and Indigenous-led pathways to success.
- Barriers and biases to belonging are removed or addressed through solutions rooted in reconciliation and culture
- Youth are heard and supported to lead the way and develop their full physical, mental, emotional and spiritual potential
- Support economic reconciliation to foster economic and social development
- Cultural shift towards deepened knowledge and understanding of each other and the natural world that builds relationships and enables change
Communities are enabled to maximize opportunities and resources to adapt and thrive through change.
- Strengthened social profit sector that works collaboratively with others to be bold in how they address community well-being
- Contribute to workforces having the skills and mindsets that support long term sustainability for the future
- Support creation of system entrepreneurs to foster broader system change
- Support multi-sector networks, connections and relationships that enable communities to adapt and thrive through change
We participate in energy system transition by combining the strengths of Suncor and community to seek solutions that prepare us for today and the future.
- Contribute to a cultural shift towards a low carbon economy in the context of a globally focused dialogue on energy systems
- SEF and Suncor are seen as a trusted and respected participant in the development of shared solutions with community for energy system transition
- Contribute to the development of a sustainability mindset to support energy systems transition