While most of us are driving less, our Petro-Canada locations remain committed to keeping people and business moving during this time. Whether it’s first responders and essential service workers who need to get to work, the truckers making sure your groceries get to the stores, or the courier bringing that Amazon order to your doorstep, our business and the health and well-being of Canadians remain top of mind as we all respond to the COVID-19 situation. That’s why we’re taking increased measures to keep our customers and our site staff safe.
“We know we’re an important hub for the community, so it’s essential that we work to make sure everyone who comes into our sites feels safe, and that we are taking the right precautions,” says Pat Lizotte, GM, retail sales & site operations.
In our more than 1,800 retail and wholesale locations across the country, we are taking a number of actions, including:
- increasing the frequency and depth of our cleaning measures. Many surfaces are high touch, so we are making sure all high touchpoints inside and outside are cleaned regularly. Examples include pin pads, door handles, ATM machines, washrooms, pump handles, pump grade buttons, card readers, squeegee handles, vacuums and air pumps.
- adjusting some of our offerings, including removing self-serve coffee
- supporting physical distancing measures by:
- encouraging guests to pre-pay at the pump
- placing floor decals two metres from each other in larger sites so guests are aware of where they should be standing to ensure physical distancing
- installing Plexiglas between our gas station attendants and our customers to eliminate any physical contact.
“We know that all of these pieces together are critical to reducing the spread of COVID-19,” says Steve Duke, GM, wholesale sales & side operations. “The hard work and efforts of all of our associates and marketers and their staff allow us to continue to keep our guests safe and business moving during this time.”