Resources for Employees
Resources for Employees, Contractors and Suppliers
With the changes to the way we work, it’s important for you to have the tools and support you need to work effectively
- If you answer “No” to both pre-access self assessment questions, you can go to work.
- If you answer “Yes” to either of the questions, do not go to work. This screening tool (either online or as a self-check on your way to our sites) helps us minimize exposure to COVID-19 at our work locations and allows us to assist local health authorities with contact tracing and other aspects of COVID-19 response. As a reminder, you only need to complete this assessment before coming to a Suncor work location. It is not required on days you are working remotely. If you are experiencing symptoms while working virtually or at a Suncor facility, please ensure you isolate, inform your leader and contact AskHealth&WellnessSiteServices@suncor.com for support.
If employees develop symptoms or have travelled out of country, we ask that you self-report to: Ask Health and Wellness
Practice safe cyber security. Follow Suncor’s guidelines for remotely connecting:
- Connect from a reliable and secure internet connection – high speed is even better.
- Avoid public WiFi connections.
- If you must use a public WiFi, avoid or limit file sharing, and only visit sites with HTTPS in the URL, which indicates the site is secure.
- Regularly update your operating system per system prompts (Suncor laptop, Suncor-issued mobile phone or personal device).
Remote access connection issues
With more of our team than ever working remotely, we expect that people may experience connectivity issues problems or delays when trying to connect to the Suncor network. IT Operations is working diligently to prevent and manage these issues.
If connecting remotely is not urgent, please consider catching up on other work before trying again and contact the Client Support Centre (CSC) at 1-866-276-7800 or by Chat.
To say we are adjusting to a ‘new normal’ is an understatement. Much of our workforce has been moved into a virtual work environment overnight while navigating a rapidly changing external environment. If you have access to the Suncor network, please visit the Working From Home section of the Core.
Tips for employees working remotely
Whether it’s in a home office or at your kitchen table, working from home successfully means setting up a functional space that is ergonomically sound. To help you in building an effective workspace, please visit the Working From Home section of the Core for tips and access to corporate discounts for office equipment.
Work offline as much as possible. We have made improvements to remote connectivity and performance, but we will need your support to limit the number of concurrent connections to the network.
We are in this together:
- Be patient
- Get caught up on other work
- DO NOT go into your physical work site unless your role has been deemed essential
Everyone's work and contribution matters! What we’re trying to ensure is that the only workers who are on site or in the offices are those who absolutely need to be there to do their job. These roles have been deemed essential.
Due to limited inventory, all Suncor personnel will NOT be provided with a Suncor laptop. Some users will be asked to work remotely using their personal device.
If planning to work from a non-Suncor Device you will need a Suncor issued Remote Access (RSA) Token
If you do not already have an RSA token, you can request a software RSA Token for your iPhone or Android Device, or request a physical RSA Token you can attach to your keychain.
Office 365 access from home
When trying to access Office 365 from home, you may be prompted to enter your Suncor User ID and password, and a second authentication code from the Microsoft Authenticator App on your mobile phone, for security purposes. Once your user credentials have been entered you will remain authenticated for up to 12 hours.
Please follow the prompts on your screen to log in.
Our new collaboration tools enable you to effectively replace your in-person meetings including 1-on-1 meetings, stand-ups/toolbox talks, group meetings, and large townhalls. Here are our recommendations for the best possible meeting experience:
Start: Using Microsoft (MS) Teams for your virtual meetings
MS Teams has now been rolled out to all Suncor users and is our recommended collaboration solution. There are three ways to access MS Teams anywhere with an internet connection:
- From a Suncor-issued computer: search for MS Teams within your Start menu to find the application. Couldn’t find Teams? Download the application.
- From a web browser via Office.com: Search for MS Teams and use your Suncor credentials if prompted.
- From the MS Teams mobile app: Search for the app from your device’s app store. If using a Suncor-managed device, you will need to add the app via InTune.
Start: Using the new conference call functionality in MS Teams
- New conference call functionality within Teams is being deployed for people with an @suncor.com account, working on a Suncor-issued computer and working in Canada or the US. Any MS Teams meetings you create will include the option for participants to join online (through the meeting link) or by calling in. Anyone who has been invited can join a MS Teams meeting conference call.
Continue: Using Skype, but only as a backup to MS Teams
- Although Skype remains a supported and trusted communication tool for Suncor meetings, it does not perform as well when connecting remotely, and we encourage its use only as a backup for MS Teams.
Stop: Using Zoom
- Zoom should not be used for Suncor business, nor be installed on any Suncor device.
Employee Family and Assistance Program (EFAP)
We recognize that you or your loved ones may feel anxious about the current situation. Contractors should reach out to their company for information on available program and resources. However, for those who do not have the resources at this time of uncertainty, we are temporarily extending our Employee Family Assistance Program services to contractors. These situations affect each of us differently, so please access the resources that are available to help you navigate through these times.
Shepell Care Access Centre