Before going to site or starting your shift (i.e., before leaving your home, getting to the bus stop, or arriving at the airport and/or helipad), complete the self-assessment to determine if you are fit for duty:
- Are you experiencing fever (38 degrees Celsius or higher) and/or respiratory symptoms such as a cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing?
- In the past 14 days, are you aware of any close contact* with a confirmed COVID-19 case?
- Close Contact: A person who has had direct, face-to-face contact with a confirmed case, at a distance of less than 1 meter/3 feet, for at least 15 minutes.
- Workers staying in camps must also contact the local number provided to them as their site-specific protocol for reporting potential COVID-19 symptoms.
If you answer “Yes” to either of the two questions above, do not go to work. Whether you are at home or on site in a lodge, notify your leader and email email@example.com.
Suncor suppliers are required to have a process in place to screen workers and ensure all workers are cleared for duty prior to deployment to a Suncor site. All contractors are expected to self assess each day prior to coming to work on a Suncor site as per the self-assessment questions above. If suppliers/contractors answer “Yes” to either of the two questions above, do not go to work and notify your Suncor contact who will then notify the relevant Suncor EHS Manager as well as Suncor Health and Wellness.
Stay in, self-isolate and contact the relevant public health authorities. Workers staying in lodges must also contact the local number provided to them as their site-specific protocol for reporting potential COVID-19 symptoms.
Self assessment and prevention protocol
If employees develop symptoms or have travelled out of country, we ask that you self-report to: Ask Health and Wellness
Remote access connection issues
With more of our team than ever working remotely, we expect that people may experience connectivity issues problems or delays when trying to connect to the Suncor network. IT Operations is working diligently to prevent and manage these issues.
To avoid dropped calls and other issues during your remote online meetings, avoid using video in Skype, unless absolutely necessary. Using Skype for audio only will improve the remote working experience for everyone.
If connecting remotely is not urgent, please consider catching up on other work before trying again and contact the Client Support Centre (CSC) at 1-866-276-7800.
Tips for employees working remotely
- We are in this together
- Be patient
- Get caught up on other work
- Please DO NOT go into your physical work site unless your roles has been deemed “essential”
Everyone's work and contribution matters! What we’re trying to ensure is that the only workers who are on site or in the offices are those who absolutely need to be there to do their job. These roles have been deemed “essential.”
Due to limited inventory, all Suncor personnel will NOT be provided with a Suncor laptop. Some users will be asked to work remotely using their personal device.
If planning to work from a non-Suncor Device you will need a Suncor issued Remote Access (RSA) Token
If you do not already have an RSA token, you can request a software RSA Token for your iPhone or Android Device, or request a physical RSA Token you can attach to your keychain.
Office 365 access from home
When trying to access Office 365 from home, you may be prompted to enter your Suncor User ID and password, and a second authentication code from the Microsoft Authenticator App on your mobile phone, for security purposes. Once your user credentials have been entered you will remain authenticated for up to 12 hours.
Please follow the prompts on your screen to log in.
There are several different ways to run effective meetings using Skype:
Option 1: Connect to the Suncor network via Big-IP Edge Client (VPN)
- This option is for Suncor Laptop Users and Surface Pro Users only
- Using the BIG-IP Edge Client will extend the secure Suncor network into your remote work environment
- You can launch and use Skype, Instant Messaging and Screen Sharing as you normally would from the Suncor office
- If performance or quality is low during the conference calls, join using options 2 or 3 below
Option 2: Join your meeting using the link in your meeting “Try Skype Web App”
- If you are prompted to install the Skype Web App, click Run and wait for the installation to complete
- This should enable you to automatically join the call
Option 3: Join the Skype meeting using the “Join by phone” feature using your landline or cell phone
- The Toll-Free number can be found in the skype meeting request
- Dial the appropriate phone number and enter the Conference ID when prompted
- If you’re the meeting host, you will require a PIN. If you do not have one, follow the instructions using the link “forgot your dial-in PIN?”
Reporting to work
If you have not been told by your leader that you are in an essential role, do not go to work. Contact your leader if you’re unsure.
If you have been told your role is essential, you are expected to self-monitor for COVID-19 related symptoms, including temperature (where feasible) and respiratory symptoms before reporting to work.
What does essential mean anyway?
Everyone's work and contribution matters! What we’re trying to ensure is that the only workers who should be on site or in the offices are those who absolutely need to be there to do their job. These roles have been deemed “essential.”
As a precaution to preserve the health and safety of our workforce, temperature screening is now required at a number of our locations including the Suncor Energy Centre in Calgary, our Montreal and Edmonton refineries, and for all FIFO workers prior to flight check-in. For more details on how to check-in, visit SunLink.
Employee Family and Assistance Program (EFAP)
We recognize that you or your loved ones may feel anxious about the current situation. Suncor employees should not hesitate to reach out to your leader or the Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP). These situations affect each of us differently, so please access the resources that are available to help you navigate through these times.
Shepell Care Access Centre
CIGNA Behavioral Health
Shepell Care Access Centre