Throughout 2019 our employees have come together to support a variety of community causes through the SunCares Community Giving Network (SCGN). The SCGN is our team of Suncor volunteers who plan fundraising, donation and volunteer opportunities year-round to encourage fellow employees to get more involved in our local community.
Here are a few highlights:
- Employees stuffed more than 80 new backpacks with school supplies and donated them to Kenzi’s Causes to help local students start the first day of school with confidence.
- In August a group of 25 employees and their family members participated in the Plane Pull benefiting Special Olympics Colorado, raising more than $2,000.
- And for the 10th consecutive year, 25 employees participated in the Gates Camp clean- up day, helping rebuild activity areas, decks and a greenhouse at this summer camp for members of the Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Denver.
“Gates Camp wouldn’t be able to function without our partnership with Suncor,” said Camp Director D. Larrabee. “Suncor volunteers save us thousands of dollars on repairs each year, so we can instead allocate those resources toward life-changing experiences for our Club members.”
We also continued building on the generosity of our customers in 2019. Each year, our sales and marketing team raises money for local charities with the help of customers at our Exxon, Mobil and Shell retail sites.
Some of the efforts this year included:
- In February, we purchased $24,000 worth of cookies from Girl Scouts of Colorado as a promotional giveaway to our car wash customers.
- For our special promotion in March, Suncor supported veterans and their families by purchasing $30,000 worth of Juniors Bullet Pens to distribute to customers.
- In the second half of the year, our point-of-sale fundraising efforts garnered $6,170 for Special Olympics Colorado and $12,763 for Kids Mobility Network.
Thanks to all our employees and customers who help make a difference!