On any list of things that really matter to Suncor, you’re certain to find operational excellence. And just as certainly, you’ll find the people who are making it happen. The President’s Operational Excellence Awards (POEA) is Suncor’s annual celebration of the people pursuing operational excellence and, in the process, elevating Suncor to new levels of success.
From managing costs, risks, safety and reliability to minimizing our environmental impacts, POEA nominees are demonstrating what can be accomplished when we work together.
To recognize their commitment to operational excellence and celebrate their great achievements, Mark Little, President and COO, hosts a well-deserved celebration for the award finalists on Nov. 12, 2019.
Submit your nomination proposal by Friday, April 5, 2019 at 4 p.m. MT / 6:00 p.m. ET.
If you’re helping us advance operational excellence through standard, repeatable processes and tools…if you’re constantly seeking ways for Suncor to improve…if you’re living the operational discipline behaviours, then you could be a prime candidate for this special awards program.
All employees and contractors are eligible. Nomination proposals are accepted for the four award categories, which reflect the performance outcomes of operational excellence:
- Personal and Process Safety
– Nominated initiatives must be recent and demonstrated measurable results between January 1, 2018 and March 31, 2019.
– Review the nomination guidelines for judging criteria, and tips for writing a great nomination.
- Draft and review your nomination proposal right in the online tool.
- Submit your initial idea(s) in your proposal in the online tool by April 5 at 4:00 p.m. MT/6:00 p.m. ET. Late entries will not be accepted.
- Nominators who get approved will be notified by email and will then be asked to submit a full nomination by May 17 at 4:00 p.m. MT/6:00 p.m. ET.
Questions? Contact ask_POEA@suncor.com.