Trust and confidence are built over the long term. At Suncor, we know stakeholders look beyond immediate results for assurance that our economic, environmental and social performance will endure over time.
Suncor's senior management team is charged with delivering significant growth while maintaining operational excellence. Suncor's management has delivered on its promise to generate sustainable shareholder value with an annual shareholder return of more than 30% since the company became publicly traded in 1992.
- Steve Williams, president and chief executive officer (CEO)
- Eric Axford, executive vice president, Business Services, is responsible for ensuring safe, reliable and environmentally responsible operations across Suncor’s integrated businesses. His portfolio also includes accountability for sustainability and communications, government relations, information and process management and operational excellence and technical services.
- Alister Cowan, executive vice president and chief financial officer, directs Suncor’s financial operations, ensuring Suncor has the financial strength necessary to support the company’s strategic plans.
- Paul Gardner, senior vice president, Human Resources, is responsible for ensuring proper human resources strategies and programs are in place to support Suncor’s base business, long-term growth strategies.
- Mark Little, president, Upstream, leads Suncor’s upstream organization including all operated and non-operated oil sands, in situ and exploration and production worldwide.
- Mike MacSween, executive vice president, Major Projects, leads the safe and cost-effective engineering, procurement and construction activities for Suncor’s growth projects in the upstream, downstream and renewable energy portfolios.
- Janice Odegaard, general counsel and senior vice president, Legal, is responsible for all legal matters across the corporation.
- Steve Reynish, executive vice president, Strategy and Corporate Development, leads the company’s strategy and corporate development, joint venture governance and technology development.
Kris Smith, executive vice president, Downstream. Kris is responsible for the operations of Suncor’s refining network in North America, as well as industrial, commercial and retail marketing of refined products under the Petro-Canada™ brand. Kris is also accountable for Suncor’s renewable energy portfolio and energy supply and trading activities.