Suncor’s name and visual identity are symbols of how much we have achieved in the past and where we are going in the future. Our logo represents our brand and acts as a signature to all our communication.
The consistent presentation of our brand will help to communicate our messages and contribute to our success.
The brand architecture provides direction for sub-brands, business initiatives and campaigns that must follow the Suncor brand guidelines. Please review our brand and visual identity guidelines (PDF, 53 pp., 6 MB) prior to using any of our corporate logos, signatures or other visual elements. The guidelines will help you implement our brand and visual identity correctly.
- Always use our visual guidelines when you develop materials that express the Suncor brand.
- Our guidelines illustrate how our energy gradient can be extended beyond its use in our logo.
- Suncor has three colour palettes; our guidelines provide direction for their use.
- Examples of the preferred tone of voice for Suncor communication materials can be found in our brand guidelines.
- Always use electronic files provided by Suncor to reproduce our corporate logos.
- Enlarge or reduce the full logo proportionately.
- Follow our minimum reproduction sizes for print and digital logos to ensure clarity and readability.
- Ensure the Suncor logo is clearly presented by maintaining a clear space around it equal to the height of the ‘S’ in ‘Suncor.’
- Direction for the use of the Suncor Energy Foundation logo and our Olympic partnership is included in our guidelines.
- Suncor, Petro-Canada and Sunoco logos, word marks and design marks are registered trademarks owned by Suncor Energy Inc.
- There are materials on which it is important that the trademark symbol and notice appear.
- Always use electronic files provided by Suncor to reproduce our corporate logos with the trademark symbol and use the proper trademark notice.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you require these files and have questions about use of the trademark symbol and notice.
- Use only the official corporate colours when reproducing our logos.
- The primary colour version of the Suncor logo uses Suncor blue (equivalent to Pantone®294) for the logotype and four colour process for the energy arc.
- When a four colour process is not appropriate, a single colour – Suncor blue or black – is acceptable.
- The Suncor logo can also be reproduced as a white logo with a four colour process energy arc, or a white energy arc.
- Frutiger is the official primary Suncor typeface, typically used for all external marketing materials. Use Frutiger for:
- body copy
- sidebar text
- display type
- Sabon is the official secondary Suncor typeface which can be used with Frutiger. Sabon is never used on its own.
- Arial (replaces Frutiger) and Times New Roman (replaces Sabon) are our official typefaces for:
- internal documents and correspondence
- digital communications
- PowerPoint presentations