Trust and confidence are built over the long term. At Suncor, we know stakeholders look beyond immediate results for assurance that our economic, environmental and social performance will endure over time.
Suncor's senior management team is charged with delivering significant growth while maintaining operational excellence. Suncor's management has delivered on its promise to generate sustainable shareholder value with an annual shareholder return of more than 30% since the company became publicly traded in 1992.
- Kris Smith, interim president and chief executive officer of Suncor Energy Inc.
- Alister Cowan, chief financial officer, directs Suncor’s financial operations, ensuring Suncor has the financial strength necessary to support the company’s strategic plans.
- Bruno Francoeur, executive vice president, business & operations services, is accountable for the company’s business and operations services.
- Paul Gardner, chief people officer, is responsible for ensuring proper human resources strategies and programs are in place to support Suncor’s base business, long-term growth strategies.
- Martha Hall Findlay, chief climate officer, leads Suncor’s efforts to address the nexus of climate and energy, including strategic planning in collaboration with various Suncor teams, and stewarding many of Suncor’s external relationships and strategic collaborations, to build an environment that supports a future for Canadian energy.
- Shelley Powell, senior vice president, E&P and In Situ, leads all of Suncor’s operated and non-operated in situ, and exploration and production assets in regions including northern Alberta, the East Coast of Canada, Norway, and the United Kingdom.
- Arlene Strom, chief sustainability officer, general counsel and corporate secretary, is responsible for all legal matters across the corporation. As chief sustainability officer, Arlene plays a key role in stewarding Suncor’s many external relationships and strategic collaborations in support of the company’s ongoing economic, environmental and social performance leadership. Arlene is also the Chair of the Suncor Energy Foundation as well as Chair of Suncor's Inclusion & Diversity Council.
- Peter Zebedee is the executive vice president, Mining and Upgrading where he leads all of Suncor’s mining and upgrading operations, including Syncrude. Peter also oversees Suncor’s involvement with the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo community.