delivering growth and operational excellence
Trust and confidence are built over the long term. At Suncor, we know stakeholders look beyond immediate results for assurance that our economic, environmental and social performance will endure over time.
Suncor's senior management team is charged with delivering significant growth while maintaining operational excellence. Suncor's management has delivered on its promise to generate sustainable shareholder value with an annual shareholder return of more than 30% since the company became publicly traded in 1992.
- Mark Little, president and chief executive officer (CEO).
- Alister Cowan, chief financial officer, directs Suncor’s financial operations, ensuring Suncor has the financial strength necessary to support the company’s strategic plans.
- Bruno Francoeur, executive vice president, business & operations services, is accountable for the company’s business and operations services.
- Paul Gardner, chief people officer, is responsible for ensuring proper human resources strategies and programs are in place to support Suncor’s base business, long-term growth strategies.
- Martha Hall Findlay, chief sustainability officer, plays a critical role in supporting Suncor’s public policy and government interaction, leadership in environmental and social performance, as well as deepening the company’s indigenous and stakeholder relationships and collaboration.
- Mike MacSween, executive vice president, Mining and Upgrading, leads all of Suncor’s mining and upgrading operations, which will include operating responsibility for Syncrude at the end of September 2021. Mike also oversees Suncor’s involvement with the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo community.
- Shelley Powell, senior vice president, E&P and In Situ, leads all of Suncor’s operated and non-operated in situ, and exploration and production assets in regions including northern Alberta, the East Coast of Canada, Norway, and the United Kingdom.
- Kris Smith, executive vice president, Downstream. Kris is responsible for the operations of Suncor’s refining network in North America, including the distribution and marketing of refined products under the Petro-Canada brand, as well as Suncor’s renewable energy business.
- Arlene Strom, chief legal officer, general counsel and corporate secretary, is responsible for all legal matters across the corporation. Arlene is also the Chair of the Suncor Energy Foundation as well as Chair of Suncor’s Inclusion & Diversity Council.